our family has been collecting recipes for years!
Dad would make this the night before and bake it the next day after church. I also remember it being on the buffet at one of the restaurants that they owned when I was growing up. I some times add some chopped ham to it as well.
Hope you enjoy it!!!
|1/2||cup diced onions|
|1/2||cup diced red bell peppers|
|1/2||cup diced green bell peppers|
|1/2||cup sliced mushrooms|
|3||tablespoons unsalted butter|
|2||cups shredded monterey jack cheese or colby cheese|
|1||cup cottage cheese|
|1/2||teaspoon baking powder|
|salt & pepper|
- Saute the vegetables in the butter over medium heat until softened, but not browned.
- Set aside to cool thoroughly.
- Whisk together the eggs, then add the cheese.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt and pepper and whisk into the egg mixture.
- Add the vegetables, then pour into a greased 1 1/2 qt baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.