Kitchen

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

TEA TIME


I remember when I was little my mom was a great hostess, not only did she own a restaurant and a motel but she loved to entertain.
One thing I remember most were the little tea sandwiches she would make, she would go to the market and order bread that had been dyed red and green for Christmas then she would cut the bread out width cookie cutters and make little sandwiches with chicken salad, egg salad, ham salad etc.
Everyone just loved the sandwiches and thought they were so cute. and we always had extra in the fridge for late night snacking.
Well my Mother in Law and Sister in Law came to Fl for a visit this week, and there plane did not get in till 8pm so I made the little sandwiches cut out like fall leaves and a cheese and fruit plate and miniature desserts. We sat on the patio and enjoyed our cocktails with these little treats. I hope this helps with your holiday entertaining.
Enjoy!
Allison
allisonskitchen.blogspot.com

No comments: