Kitchen

Thursday, October 22, 2009

CROCK POT CHICKEN WITH APPLES AND ROSEMARY


Wow it finally cooled off down here a little, it was 50 Degrees when I woke up this morning. We finally got a break in the heat, last week the heat index was 105. That's a little to warm for October. So you know what happens when it cools down here I start thinking soup stew,crock pot baking bread etc etc etc...So dust off your crock pots and let the aroma of apples onions and rosemary fill your home because next week we will probably be drinking Coronas by the pool again.

Slice a large onion and saute lightly and put in the bottom of your crock pot.
Top with sliced apples about 2 large( I leave the skin on)
Top with cut up chicken (I use thighs)I think i used 5 and next time I'll brown my chicken before i put it in the crock pot.
Take one can of cream of celery soup and thin with a little chicken broth. mix a little chicken base in also to make the flavor richer.Pour over chicken.
Top with salt and pepper and fresh rosemary. cook Low for 6 to 8 hours.
Enjoy!
Allison
allisonskitchen.blogspot.com

No comments: