So I kept seeing all the Bob Evans commercials on TV and the sage sausage stuffing sounded really good so I thought I would give it a try. It was very good I only used 1/2 of the sausage it called for when I made it and I used 1/2 seasoned bread cubes and 1/2 corn bread cubes. Safe to say I can use this again we enjoyed it but something was missing so I guess I'll go back to Moms cracker stuffing again just didn't seem like thanksgiving without it.
- 1 (1 pound) package Bob Evans® Sage Sausage Roll( I used 1/2 of the sausage roll)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 celery stalks, finely diced
- 2 medium onions, finely diced
- 1 (12 ounce) package herb flavor stuffing mix (I used 1/2 herb flavor and 1/2 corn bread)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth( I used the broth from cooking my neck and giblets)
- In large skillet, crumble and cook sausage until browned. Remove from pan. In same skillet melt butter over medium heat. Saute celery and onions until softened, about 5 minutes. In a large bowl, combine celery, onions, sausage, stuffing mix, cranberries and salt. Add the broth and stir until well combined. If desired, loosely stuff some of the mixture into a turkey just before roasting. Place the rest of stuffing mix into a casserole dish. Cover and bake in a 325 F. oven for 1 hour or until hot.