Kitchen

Saturday, September 27, 2008

WITCHES HATS


Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, I love to see the kids in the costumes walking in the leaves My husband and I would always take our son out to Trick or Treat and my mom and dad would come over and pass out the candy we would always dress up along with our son and now he takes his kids out and he still dresses up along with the kids and we stay home and pass out the candy.It's not the same living in Fl I miss the Fall up north. so enjoy the recipe as I think about decorating for Halloween in my hot Fl weather, but I saw on the weather today that on Wed we may go down into the high 60's at night.

Ingredients:
1package crescent dinner rolls (8 rolls)
1/2teaspoon dried basil (optional)
16turkey pepperoni slices
3to 4 salami sticks, cut into 2-inch pieces
2cups pizza or marinara sauce

Preparation:
1.Preheat oven to 375°F.
2.Separate dough and place individual pieces on work surface. Gently shape each piece into long triangle. Sprinkle triangles evenly with basil, if desired.

3.Cut pepperoni pieces into crescent shapes using small cookie cutter or knife. (Each slice will make 2 crescents). Place 1 salami stick piece along base of each dough triangle. Partially roll up dough to cover salami and create brim of hat. Place 2 pepperoni crescents on top part of each hat; place on ungreased nonstick baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown at edges.

4.Meanwhile, warm sauce in small saucepan over low heat. Serve hats with warm sauce for dipping.

enjoy
allison
DON'T FORGET TO VISIT MY OTHER SITE momskitchen

No comments: