Kitchen

Monday, May 18, 2009

BAKED CHEESE WONTON CUPS

A friend of mine recently visited the Elliott House Bed and Breakfast in Shaver Lake Calif and sent me this recipe for Baked cheese wonton cups. I have not tried this recipe yet but it sounds good. if any one makes it before I do let me know how it turns out.Filling:2 green onions3 ou. cream cheese, cut in chunks1/3 cup mayonnaise 4 ou. grated cheddar cheese (or smoked gouda works well)2/3 cup crabmeat, (Can vary the recipe with bay shrimp or chopped mushroom for the filling2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice 1/2 tsp. Essence of Emeril seasoning or something similarHeat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray 12 small muffin cups. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and lightly brush each wonton pastry before pushing into muffin cups.Saute green onions. Melt cheeses and mayonnaise in pan. Add seasonings and lemon juice. Add filling (could be crab, shrimp, mushrooms) to heat only. Scoop into wonton cups. Bake 12-15 minutes until wontons are golden brown.E N J O Y !I think my husband will enjoy these because he loves crabmeat wontons and these are baked and not fried.
enjoy!
Allison
Allisons Kitchen

No comments: