Kitchen

Thursday, November 20, 2008

SWEET BANANA MASH

Hi, It's still cold down here, in the 40's at night (well that"s cold for us at least) So I'm thinking about my side dishes for Thanksgiving. One will be Sweet Banana Mash, This recipe was given to me from one of my friends who is a chef at one of Orlando's top restaurants. I made it for the first time last year and it was a big hit the children liked it also. So I think this is a keeper for this year.

SWEET BANANA MASH
10 to 12 servings.
5 pounds sweet potatoes
4 bananas
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter
1 pint heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
Peel and dice sweet potatoes. Place in Pot. cover with water and simmer until tender. While potatoes are cooking preheat oven to 350F Place unpeeled bananas on cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. (Hint: Put foil on baking sheet first for easy clean up) .
Drain cooked potatoes Place in large
mixing bowl. Remove peel from baked bananas. Add to bowl along with sugar, butter and heavy cream. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Enjoy!
Allisons Kitchen

2 comments:

Christo Gonzales said...

I feel like I have already been here for seconds...tratgeduc

allison said...

Thanks for stopping in. Always room for seconds