½ cup pasteurized egg yolks
1 lb Mascarpone cheese
6 tbsp sugar
1 box of lady fingers
4 strawberries, cut half
¼ pint wild berries
- WHISK egg yolks and 4 tbsp sugar together in a mixing bowl. When the color turns clear, add mascarpone cheese and stir until consistency is smooth.
- REMOVE skin from pineapple with a large knife. Cut in half and remove core. Cut a 1 inch slice from the bottom. Place in a food processor with 2 tbsp sugar. Pulse until fruit is finely chopped and has released juice.
- DRAIN contents into a strainer and preserve juice. Discard chopped pineapple in strainer.
- CUT remaining pineapple into 1 inch slices.
- SOAK 10 lady fingers in pineapple juice until liquid is absorbed. Do not allow them to sit too long.
- PLACE a layer of lady fingers in a round mold. Cover lady fingers with slices of pineapple.
- ADD a thick layer of mascarpone cream. Repeat process.
- GARNISH by alternating lady finders, remaining pineapple slices, sliced strawberries and wild berries.
- REFRIGERATE for a minimum of 1 hour before serving.