Kitchen

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Grandma's Ultimate Mac and Cheese

I have been making this decadent,  creamy macaroni and cheese for as long as I can remember. One year to save time I bought Stouffers. While I love Stouffers frozen foods, I've never lived that down and some of my family think that is what they have been eating for years. Lol  So to save face I am giving the rest of my family the recipe. 
I hope your happy ! Brent,Jason,Timothy, Nicole, Amelia and Camila♥️
 
3 Cups uncooked elbow macaroni 
1 package 16oz Velveeta cubed
2 Cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
2 Cups shredded White Cheddar cheese OR Sharp cheddar ( I use Sharp usually)
1 and 3/4 Cups whole milk
1 Can (12oz ) evaporated milk. NOT CONDENSED!
3/4 Cup of butter melted
3 large eggs lightly beaten 
Grease you crock pot with butter.
Cook macaroni in salted boiling water till Al dente.about 7-10 min. DRAIN.
( Don't cook to long you want it a little firm because it's still going to cook in the crockpot. )
After you drain the macaroni add it to the crockpot,  put cheese in,
Mix your eggs, milk, evaporated milk, and butter in a bowl till combined. 
Now pour that into the crockpot and stir till combined. 
Cook covered for 2 to 2-1/2 hours on LOW
stirring once halfway through cooking time. At the half way point you can add a little more milk if not creamy enough, but usually it's perfect.
Enjoy!
Allison
Mom
Grandma
Grammy♥️🥰

No comments: