Kitchen

Sunday, June 8, 2014

MY WORLD FAMOUS SPAGHETTI SAUCE

Well at least famous in my little world, Ha Ha. My 8 year old grandson had to call me on the phone and tell me that he ate 2 plates!!  Everyone I make this for just loves it so give it a try the next time you make spaghetti.
                                                         

1 lb. Italian sausage casings removed (mild or hot)
1-lb. ground beef
1- med onion chopped
4-garlic cloves minced
1-28oz can diced tomatoes
2-6oz cans tomato paste
2-15oz cans tomato sauce
2-cups of water, I rinse out all the cans to get every drop of goodness.
3-t basil
2-t parsley
2-T brown sugar
1-t salt
1/2-t red pepper flakes
1/4 cup good red wine( if you wouldn't drink it don't cook with it)
1-lb thin spaghetti ( we like Angel Hair)
parmesan cheese

In large, heavy stockpot, brown Italian sausage, and Ground beef breaking up as you stir.

2 Add onions and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until onions are softened.

3 Add garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce and water.

4 Add basil, parsley, brown sugar, salt, crushed red pepper, and black pepper.

5 Stir well and barely bring to a boil.

6 Stir in red wine.

7 Simmer on low, stirring frequently for at least an hour. A longer simmer makes for a better sauce, just be careful not to let it burn. I cook mine on low and slow for at least 4 hours.
 
 8 Cook spaghetti according to package directions
 9 Spoon sauce over drained spaghetti noodles and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

I have made this in the crock pot also and just let it go on low all day. Heaven!

This is my base sauce, I sometimes add zucchini, mushrooms, whatever you want

Now just sit back and have a glass of wine and listen to all the complements.

Enjoy.
Allison





















                               

                          
                                                                                                                            

 

No comments: