Kitchen

Friday, June 17, 2011

PERFECT PEACH CAKE

Wow is it Hot down here! It's been in the 90's and we need rain.
  The snowbirds have gone north for the summer so it's pretty quiet where I live.
 Our friend and neighbor Jeanie left the end of May but before she left she made this wonderful peach cake that she shared with us.
 My husband enjoyed it so much he asked for more! I told him you can't ask for more when someone brings you something and he said" watch me" Ha! Ha! He LOVED this cake.
 Jeanie was a real trooper and brought him the rest of the cake and also brought me the recipe (Thank You Jeanie)  So here is the recipe for this Perfect Peach Cake I hope you all enjoy it as much as we did ( even though I didn't get much of it )









PERFECT PEACH CAKE:
2/3 cup butter or margarine,softened
1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 Cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
1 cup buttermilk
4  medium peaches,peeled and chopped, or 3 cups frozen unsweetened peach slices, thawed and chopped.
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9x13 pan and set aside.  In a large mixing bowl,beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.  in a medium bowl, stir together the flour,baking soda and salt.  Gradually add to the creamed mixture alternating with the buttermilk, beating until smooth after each addition.  Stir in the peaches by hand .  Pour the batter into the pan.  In a small bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon.  Sprinkle over the batter.  Bake at 350 for about 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. serve warm with ice cream.
Enjoy!
Allison
http://allisonskitchen.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Russell at Chasing Delicious said...

This cake looks scrumptious! I love summer for so many reasons but peaches may be on the top of that list. I haven't tried a peach cake before though. I am going to have to try this recipe out.