Kitchen

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pace Picante Sauce Loose Meat Sandwiches

Hi Everyone,
As part of Foodbuzz Tastemaker program I was sent Pace Picante sauce (medium) to try,  I have been making Loose meat sandwiches for some time and I decided to substitute Pace Picante sauce in place of the 1 cup of ketchup that I usually put in.  Wow this made a difference I took these to a pot luck and everyone wanted the recipe! So try substituting Pace in some of your recipes and see what happens you'll love it!

Did you know that in 1904 while people across the country were singing "Meet me in St. Louis" hamburger sandwiches were capturing the interest of people at the St.Louis World's Fair? They now dominate the American sandwich scene and every family has its own favorite versions. So here is a recipe for a different kind of burger.

Serve with french fries,carrot sticks,milk shakes and homemade cookies yum

1 1/2 lbs.ground beef

3 tblsp. shortening

1 branch celery,chopped

1 large onion,chopped

1 green pepper,chopped

1/2 can condensed tomato soup

1 c. ketchup  ( Replace with Pace Picante Sauce medium)  

1 T. celery seeds

1 1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp.pepper

2 T. flour

1 T. brown sugar

1 T. vinegar

1 T. prepared mustard (optional)

Hamburger buns

Brown meat in shortening if meat is lean, otherwise brown beef in its own fat. Add celery,onion and green pepper and simmer until tender. Add remaining ingredients, except buns.

Cook slowly 1 hr. Serve on bun.
Thank You Pace I love the sauce you sent me,
enjoy!!

Allisons Kitchen
 

No comments: