Kitchen

Saturday, March 13, 2010

GRANDMAS HOLIDAY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

Grandmas Holiday Peanut Butter Cookies
allisonskitchen.blogspot.com
This was my grandmothers favorite Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe, I always remember my grandmother and my aunt Dorthy in the kitchen making these cookies and I always remember the big bowl that they made them in. When I went to PA. last August, my aunt gave me my grandmothers bowl, so I thought I would make some cookies,But i couldn't bring myself to use the bowl, I have it in a special spot in my kitchen, so nothing happens to it.
1/2 cup Butter(Soft)
1 cup Brown Sugar
3/4 cup JIFF
1- Egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups of Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt ( adjust salt if you use salted butter)

Beat Butter,Brown Sugar, and Peanut Butter Then add egg and vanilla and mix well.
Mix flour, baking powder and soda and salt. Gradually add to peanut butter mix and beat till blended.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Heat Oven to 350
Shape into 1 1/4 " balls Then roll balls in some granulated sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
With tines of a fork, press onto cookie in each direction, dip fork into sugar so it does not stick to your cookie.
 
Bake 9 to 10 min.
Cool  for a few min. then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Do Not OVERCOOK!
Enjoy!
Allison
Allisonskitchen.blogspot.com

No comments: