Kitchen

Monday, February 1, 2010

Grilled steak with Chimichurri sauce


Chimichurri is a sauce or marinade for meat typically attributed to Argentinian cuisine. but its consistency is really more like a pesto. The cool thing about chimichurri is that you can make it with almost anything once you get the idea. I’ve tried a few different recipes but I’ll share one with you here that my son gave me the other day. His wife is from Ecuador and instead of parsley he uses Cilantro

1 cup fresh cilantro (packed)
1 garlic clove
1/4 to 1/2 medium onion
Juice from 1 fresh lime
1/4 cup olive oil or more (You want a paste)
1/2 serrano pepper (optional, or use jalapeƱo)
Salt & pepper to taste

Put everything in your food processor and pulse (Except oil) then stream in the oil till smooth paste is formed rub onto your steaks ( My favorite is a Rib eye) let set till your ready to grill. I saved the leftover Chimichurri and used some the other day in my boiled potatoes like parsley potatoes but with a kick!
Enjoy!
Allison
http://allisonskitchen.blogspot.com

No comments: