A wonderful coconut pineapple bread served at Disneys Ohanas restaurant in the polynesian resort
if you get a chance after dinner grab a drink and sit in front of the huge windows on the 2nd floor just around from the entrance of the restaurant and you can watch the fireworks,what a view and no crowds
Yield 1 - 9" x 13" cake pan
1 3/4 C. Water
1 Egg Yolk
2 T. Shortening
4 1/2 C. High Gluten Flour
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/3 C Sugar
1 T. Instant Yeast
1 C. Crushed pineapple drained
1 C. Unsweetened coconut
1 C. Sugar
2 T. Cornstarch
1. Combine pineapple and coconut in bowl.
2. Combine sugar and cornstarch in separate bowl and mix well.
3. Add sugar and cornstarch mixture into pineapple and coconut mixture and mix well.
4. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
1. Combine all ingredients in order of recipe in mixing bowl, and mix with dough hook until
dough picks up on hook and the sides of the mixing bowl is clean.
2. Let dough rise until it doubles in size.
3. Roll out dough onto a floured surface until it is 2 inches thick.
4. Next spread pineapple/coconut mixture over the top of the dough.
5. Fold dough into itself and place in a greased 9" x 13" cake pan.
6. Cut dough into pieces with a pizza cutter and spread out cut pieces evenly in cake pan.
7. Let dough rise in warm oven (110 degrees F) - about half way up the pan.
8. Bake at 325 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Let bread cool, cut and serve.
hope you enjoy this one I do!